These delightful cookies can be made as a plain drop cookie or you can go the extra mile (I highly recommend it) and create a really great cookie. No joke, my husband will not let me share these. They are not allowed to leave the house. He doesn’t even have much of a sweet tooth so that is a good indication a great recipe was found.
2½ cups all purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1½ cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. lemon zest
½ tbsp. vanilla
Lemon cream frosting (optional, recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Mix until combined.
5. Add flour mixture and mix slowly until completely combined.
6. Scoop out dough with a 1½ inch scoop and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes and let cool.
7. Optional: Spread a layer of lemon cream frosting on one cookie and sandwich with another. Repeat for as many cookie sandwiches as desired.
Lemon Cream Frosting
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, then mix in sugar and lemon juice. Add a couple of drops of yellow food coloring if you want to hint at the flavor.