Let me preface this post by saying we have had some kind of winter this year in Nova Scotia. I know some of you reading might be thinking that we have several feet of snow and frigid temps every winter, but we really don’t. However, this year…yes siree we have had our winter and someone else’s!!!
So when my friend Stefanie told me she had made “Peppermint Snowballs”, I thought well that is an appropriate recipe for this winter. I need to check these out. Have a peek at Stef’s cookies. They look so yummy and…well…snowballish.
• 1/2 cup icing sugar
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup shortening
• ½ tsp peppermint extract
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 2 cups flour
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 cup coconut, for rolling
• 2 1/4 cups icing sugar
• 4 Tbsp hot water
• ¼ tsp peppermint extract
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Cream together icing sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and peppermint extract.
3. Add flour and salt. Mix to form a smooth dough.
4. Roll into 1” balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-10 minutes.
5. Cool, top cookies with glaze, and dip in coconut.
Recipe source: epicureselections.com
What a shame these two
sweeties handsome guys had to sample “another” cookie so we could get a picture! Bloggers…they are such a nuisance. You can thank me later guys! 😉