Easter Tablescape

Photobucket

When I begin a tablescape, I never have a picture in my mind of the completed project.  I decide on each element as I go.  As I started this table, the only item I knew I wanted to use was my Indian Saree as a table runner.  My sister, Lisa, brought it to me from India last winter.  The color is perfect for Easter.

Photobucket

A Saree fabric is 5-7 metres long.  I have folded this over several times.  It is so very beautiful!

Photobucket

The Saree is so elegant that I needed “Easter baskets” that were the same.  Teacups were the perfect choice.

Photobucket

Each “Easter basket” holds a chocolate treat nestled in Easter grass.

Photobucket

Three pots of spring bulb flowers are tucked into a basket and then the tops of the pots are hidden with some excelsior.  Natural looking eggs (read plastic) are tucked in around the flowers.  The little cross was made by our son, many years ago in Sunday School.

Photobucket

Doesn’t a lily just say Easter to you?  Me too!

Photobucket

This is Peter!

Photobucket

On the cross reads, “Jesus said, It is finished”.
  John 19:30

Photobucket

However, the cross is not the end of the story.   Praise God for an empty tomb.

But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.  He is not here, for He is risen, as He said.”  Matthew 28:5,6

Wishing you a most blessed Easter celebration with those you love.  Happy Easter!

Photos courtesy of Nicole Payzant Photography.

Joining:
April 6, 2012 - 8:09 pm

Ms. Redo - Amen, thank God we have our hope in the Lord Jesus. Thanks for sharing, your saree-tablescape is beautiful. Hugs ~ Mary

April 6, 2012 - 8:16 pm

Holly - So pretty Tanya. Love the flowers and the cross tucked in there. The saree is gorgeous and so pretty with the yellow. Happy Easter.

April 6, 2012 - 9:04 pm

Barbara F. - Beautiful table, beautiful post, beautiful sentiment. xo

April 7, 2012 - 2:09 am

Pamela Gordon - Very pretty Tanya. I like the yellow and turquoise together and your saree is a beautiful touch. Have a blessed Easter!

April 7, 2012 - 1:27 pm

Tricia - Tanya, your Easter table is simply stunning! I especially love your idea of the chocolate bunnies in teacups — inspired! The basket of flowering plants is also lovely. Have a blessed Easter with your family!

April 7, 2012 - 2:53 pm

Red Couch Recipes - Tana, I love the turquoise and yellow for Easter. The basket centerpiece is perfect, as well as the yellow teacups. Have a great Easter. Joni

April 7, 2012 - 3:56 pm

Little Bit - Cute! I had to come see what you did too! Little Bit

April 7, 2012 - 7:28 pm

Laura@HappyCanadianHome.com - Lovely, as usual! You’ve inspired me to post my own Easter table!

April 7, 2012 - 8:32 pm

Meredith - Beautiful!!! Such vibrant Easter colors.

April 7, 2012 - 11:02 pm

shannon i olson - cute table, and that chicken in the cup is way too cute! happy Easter HE is risen!

April 8, 2012 - 1:40 am

Jenni - Love the chicks in the cups!

April 8, 2012 - 6:12 am

patitolubi - Happy Easter :)
♥ Pati

April 8, 2012 - 4:17 pm

Diann - That saree is gorgeous! A very pretty Easter table! Thank you for sharing at TTF and Happy Easter!

April 9, 2012 - 4:44 am

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida - Your table is stunning! I love the saree, that was such a great start to your springtime table. I have really taken to that color this season. I love the paring with the yellow cups and, of course, those bunnies are darling.

April 9, 2012 - 8:23 am

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe - So beautiful!
Thanks for sharing, Tanya, and happy, happy Easter!

April 9, 2012 - 2:14 pm

Debra from Bungalow - Your tablescapes are gorgeous! I love the wooden cross in the basket!

I enjoyed reading your inspiring take 5 posts. He is risen, indeed!

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and the kind comments. I hope you will come back and visit often.

April 9, 2012 - 10:16 pm

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) - Gorgeous. I love the Saree, it is stunning, such fabulous color and detail. The bunny and basket are both lovely. Gorgeous tablescape. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

April 10, 2012 - 1:28 am

Judy Bigg - Oh, the Saree was a perfect idea as a runner, love the color as do so many others. It really sets the table off, thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

April 10, 2012 - 3:00 am

The Tablescaper - Love all of the color! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays this Easter.

– The Tablescaper

April 10, 2012 - 3:19 am

cathy@my1929charmer - The saree is so beautiful, and makes a great runner. Such a great color and the details are so pretty. Love the bunny baskets. Love the cross. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best.

April 10, 2012 - 3:59 am

Meg - Just lovely. I especially like the ribbon holding the utensils. Makes me sad that Easter is over. Thanks so much for sharing on Show Off Saturday!

XO

April 10, 2012 - 7:49 pm

Biljana - So beautiful:-)
Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

April 11, 2012 - 1:56 am

Six Sisters - Your Easter table looks beautiful! We hope you’ll be back to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. We loved having you! -The Sisters

April 11, 2012 - 4:16 pm

Geneva - What a beautiful and creative table… so colorful and cheerful!
Blessings!
Geneva

April 12, 2012 - 4:23 am

Angie@Echoes of Laughter - Your table looks so pretty! I love how you used the choc bunnies! Really lovely Tanya! Angie xo

April 12, 2012 - 4:31 pm

Johanna - Hi Tanya,
thank you for your visit and your kind comment.
To use a Saree as tablerunner is a fantastic idea. And it has a wonderful vibrant color which is great with the yellow. The tea cups make indeed precious Easter baskets. I like how you said, the cross was not the end of the story. Thank you for sharing your pretty Easter table.
Best greetings, Johanna

April 12, 2012 - 5:27 pm

Diane - Your table is beautiful, but I would have written that, if you had only used that gorgeous saree!! The rest is just “gilding the lily”, as they say. Wonderful table!!

April 12, 2012 - 8:33 pm

Marigene - Beautiful table…the color of the sari is gorgeous.

April 12, 2012 - 8:54 pm

Kathleen - BEautiful table! Love the colors!

April 12, 2012 - 11:30 pm

Alycia Nichols - Oh, wow, Tanya…this is really, really pretty. The color of the saree is exceptionally gorgeous! (And thank you for introducing me to another spelling of the word. I have always used the other spelling, “sari”, and didn’t know there was another spelling for the it. I learn something new every day from my fellow bloggers!) CAPITAL idea to use the teacups!!!!!

April 13, 2012 - 1:57 am

Nancy @ Nancy's Daily Dish - First things first: Thank you Lord for sending Jesus to save us all!
Your table is simply gorgeous! I love the turquoise and yellow combination. The Saree is such a pretty piece…I love that you used it for your table and worked around it to create this pretty tablescape. The cross in the flowers is great!
I sometimes work my tables up in the same way…I just begin and add to as I go until I think it’s done.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful table.
Nancy

April 13, 2012 - 1:57 am

Thanks for sharing your beautiful table.
Nancy

April 14, 2012 - 2:19 am

Leslie's Garden - I can certainly see why your saree was such a great inspiration for your Easter table. It’s lovely and fun and would be a setting I would love to sit down to. I love your idea of using the tea cups as “baskets”. I like how you tied your silverware with the cute little ribbon bows, too!