Christmas Eve by Candlelight

Red is my absolute favorite color.  Two years ago, I was shopping with my dear friend Gwyneth and we came across these tablecloths at Home Sense.  The red part of the pattern is velvet.  Swoon!  We fell in love!  The cost??  $5  We both left the store with one! :0)

I have been looking for red charger plates for 2 years.  Not the plain round ones, but something different.  When I saw these square chargers at Walmart recently I knew they were the ones.  Finally, I would be able to use my tablecloth with red chargers on our Christmas table.

Photobucket

With a fairly “busy” patterned tablecloth, I knew I would want to keep things quite simple on top of it.  A red and white table would be perfect!

Photobucket

I found a cute little bundle of red mercury glass ornaments at Home Sense.  A great little splash of red on the white plates!

Photobucket

Napkins are such a fun decorating element.  I had seen these sweet “Christmas Trees” online, and found a great tutorial HERE.  I originally saw them with some beautiful vintage broaches pinned at the top as a star.  So I went looking for something to use.  I had one piece of textured scrapbooking paper.  The color was exact!!  I punched out my stars and then punched a small hole and looped some silver thread through for a hanger.  Ours were used as a take home ornament, but they would be sweet with your guests name written on them for a place card.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For many years I have clustered white candles of all shapes and sizes at Christmas time.  They have filled inside our fireplace, on the mantle, and the top of the piano.  This year, I decided, a runner of candles would be magical on our Christmas Eve table.

Photobucket

I would have given my eye teeth for several of these red goblets.  Unfortunately, Home Sense only had 2.    So until I find more, they are wonderful pillar candle holders once turned upside down.

Photobucket

“Snowbirds” ;0)

Photobucket

Thank you for visiting us on Christmas Eve!  Our prayer is that the babe of the manger, the sinless lamb on the cross, and the risen and coming Lord, are a real and central part of your Christmas celebrations, and your New Year!

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”  John 8:12 NLT

Tanya

Thank you, Nicole for the awesome pictures and beautiful bokeh!

Take Six has a new Facebook page.  Please join us by clicking “Like” at the top right corner of this page!
Joining:
January 3, 2012 - 1:10 pm

Linda @ A La Carte - Beautiful! That table cloth is amazing and your dishes are perfect with it. Love the white candles down the middle. Great table. Blessings to you, Linda

January 3, 2012 - 1:22 pm

Tracy - Gorgeous!!!!!!

January 3, 2012 - 3:21 pm

Jan@southernjunkin' - Beautiful table!! I love the red and white anytime, anywhere! Love, love the candlelight, so festive!!
Drop by real soon…gift-away going on!!

Blessings!!

January 3, 2012 - 4:29 pm

Barbara F. - Tanya, this is breathtaking, the fabric is beautiful. The simplicity of the red and white dishes and the stunning display of warm candlelight is magical. Love it. Happy healthy New Year to you, and a special shout out to Nicole :) xo

January 3, 2012 - 6:55 pm

Chandy - Very nice table. The decor looks amazing! Happy New Year!

January 3, 2012 - 8:10 pm

Northwest Texas - Tanya, not everyone can pull off ‘red’. One of the reasons you do it so well is that the hues you have chosen are highly compatible with each other (such a sense of unity on the table)and beautifully festive. I love all the added detail such as the stars,the special napkin fold, the tiny ornament on each plate. LOVE it all.

Thanks for the inspiration!

January 3, 2012 - 10:12 pm

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest - WOW-WEEEEE! This is a BEAUTIFUL table!! Love it, love it, love it! Good for you for holding out until you found these chargers!! Everything is awesome! Thanks for visiting me. I’m trying to follow you, but Blogger/Google isn’t cooperating right now…will try again.

January 3, 2012 - 10:58 pm

~Tablescapes By Diane~ - Hi lovely lady.
Your Tablescape is Beautiful for Christmas Eve !! You did a Gorgeous job putting this all together sweet lady. You know I love the color Red and Vanentine’s Day is coming sweet lady.
I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape for New Years Eve dinner.
I hope you have a wonderful 2012 New Year with YOUR FAMILY.
xxoo Diane

January 3, 2012 - 11:35 pm

Anonymous - That’s just crazy gorgeous, Tanya!…with the lights on or off!

January 4, 2012 - 1:01 pm

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch - Beautiful table and I love all of the red. I love the candlelit shot too. Hope you are having a wonderful new year.

January 4, 2012 - 2:35 pm

cindy - Oh, how beautiful. So creative!

I’ve joined your blog to see what is in store for 2012.

cindy

January 4, 2012 - 4:07 pm

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) - Stunning. The tablecloth and all of the china and crystal is soooooo beautiful. The candlelight photo is stunning too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

January 4, 2012 - 4:40 pm

LV - You turned everything into a truly beautiful table setting.

January 4, 2012 - 5:29 pm

Ann - How striking, the red and white. The candlelit room is stunning with the glimmering tree. Yes Jesus was and is the center of Christmas for us.
Ann

January 4, 2012 - 6:26 pm

Doll in the Looking Glass - The crystal is so elegant. Really adds sparkle to your red and white theme. And the candles are the perfect addition. Visiting from the Bunny Hop,

Debra

January 4, 2012 - 7:24 pm

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home - Oh my goodness your table is gorgeous. I love the red and white and the cluster of the candles…Thanks so much for sharing!! and for stopping by my blog!

January 4, 2012 - 7:56 pm

Pat@Back Porch Musings - Absolutely gorgeous and I am loving the bokeh perfection!!

January 4, 2012 - 8:04 pm

Anonymous - Absolutely beautiful!!!!

January 5, 2012 - 12:50 am

Christine @ Stonehouse Living - Hi Tanya,
Oh, how beautiful, what a lovely table.
These photos are just gorgeous…
All the Best,
Christine

January 5, 2012 - 1:15 am

Bunny Jean - Hi Tanya!

Your table is so elegant with the red and white. i noticed the goblets turned candle first thing, so clever!

Thanks for sharing at my Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean

January 5, 2012 - 1:27 am

Susie from Bienvenue - Oh my gosh! This table just takes my breath away! I think it would look nice for sweeties day too. Replace the Christmas balls with hearts. Too sweet!

January 5, 2012 - 2:07 am

Mary - Hi Tanya~ Gorgeous Red & White! Stunning by candlelight & beautiful bokeh indeed!!!! Happy New Year :)

January 5, 2012 - 2:28 am

Susan (My Place to Yours) - Tanya, what a beautiful Christmas Eve table! Your candle runner is gorgeous and a perfect reminder that we celebrate the Light coming into the world at Christmas. Beautiful Scripture you shared. Happy New Year!

January 5, 2012 - 2:30 am

Debbie Moore at Slice of Pie Entertaining and Cookbooks - Fantastic table! Love the bright red on white. Thanks for sharing.

January 5, 2012 - 2:34 am

Cindy - Wonderful and festive! Keeping it simple was a great idea. Happy 2012 XO Cindy

January 5, 2012 - 2:40 am

Sarah - Beautiful table and the beauty of this gorgeous tablecloth is it will take you right in to Valentine’s Day. 😉

January 5, 2012 - 2:44 am

Marlis - Tanya, your absolutely stunning table has certainly hit the spot! Love the napkin trees and the red chargers are the perfect pieces. Love love the last shot with the tree and the candles.. xo marlis

January 5, 2012 - 2:54 am

Pamela Gordon - Hi Tanya! Wow! What a gorgeous table! I love the red and white theme with that beautiful tablecloth and all the candles down the center. It’s quite stunning! Happy New Year! Blessings, Pam

January 5, 2012 - 3:14 am

Erin @ Life's Little Delights - Excellent photography and what amazing lighting. Love the red & white!

January 5, 2012 - 3:39 am

Dianne - This table is dazzling! I love the candles downs the center and the napkin fold. Thanks for sharing the link. This is just lovely. Dianne

January 5, 2012 - 3:44 am

Designs By Pinky - Oh Tanya, that tablecloth is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I just love it. And the chargers are perfect too. What a bargain on the tablecloth. The whole table looks just beautiful. XO, Pinky

January 5, 2012 - 4:02 am

Meredith - oh my your table is beautiful!!! love love love!!! Your photographs are lovely and capture the moment so vividly! Your bokeh pictures are simply stunning! Happy New Year!!

January 5, 2012 - 4:24 am

Alycia Nichols - Oooooohhhhh…that last photo is really pretty! Go, girl!!! I had to Google Home Sense because I had not heard of any around here. Aha…only in Canada! Boo hoo! :-( Really pretty tablecloth! You will be able to use that a lot in the future! It would be fabulous for Valentine’s Day!!! Glad you finally found the red chargers you have wanted, too. Too bad you haven’t been able to find more of those gorgeous red goblets, though. They’re pretty! Really great table, Tanya. Happy New Year!

January 5, 2012 - 4:51 am

Pat's Pink Apron - Tanya,
Hi! I just had to tell you I think your table is stunning and the table looks so beautiful in the candle light. Pat

January 5, 2012 - 1:08 pm

Gwyneth - Just stunningly BEAUTIFUL! Hope your meal was as lovely and enjoyable as the table scape!

This is the reason why we should shop together more often!!!!

How about Saturday? 😉

January 5, 2012 - 2:08 pm

Miss Merry - Such a pretty holiday table. I love the tablecloth and the Christmas Tree napkins are really nifty! The red mercury glass ornaments are the perfect touch.

January 5, 2012 - 2:47 pm

Sheryl - I love every detail you have put into this table setting. The red star ornaments on your napkin “trees” were the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful tablescape!

January 5, 2012 - 3:01 pm

Tricia - Stunning table — and those clever napkins really steal the show!

January 5, 2012 - 6:14 pm

Posted by Donna at the Scarlet Petticoat - i love the elegant simplicity of your tablescape. i did red and white this year for the first time and i am thrilled with it! i am in the process of getting the pictures ready to post, so , come visit me when you get a chance! i have not seen such a beautiful tablecloth before and the added bonus of velvet makes it perfect! what is homesense? i don’t think i have heard of that place before. best wishes, donna

January 5, 2012 - 11:48 pm

Tess - OMG…This is stunning!! I love red as well and you have such beautiful pieces. Love the table cloth and I wish you had found more of your red glasses! Your crystal is beautiful!

January 6, 2012 - 3:20 am

Sylvia - Red wasn’t my color this Christmas , but I have to admit : your table is amazing , simple and sophisticated at the same time . The red glasses make such a statement and the stars as well .
Have a bright 2012!

January 6, 2012 - 8:21 pm

Andrea at Opulent Cottage - Such a gorgeous table! Thanks for coming by, I’m happy to have found your blog!
Cheers, Andrea

January 7, 2012 - 5:30 am

Danielle - Gorgeous table setting! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

January 8, 2012 - 11:06 pm

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living - What a beautiful holiday table and fantastic photos! Found you at Sunday’s Best.

January 9, 2012 - 12:02 am

Lauren @ Summit St Joy - Oh my word, this is GORGEOUS!!! Just beautiful. I know you don’t know me, but I may be calling you next Christmas to come do my table 😉 Blessings to you in 2012— now following- would love for you to follow back :)
lauren

January 10, 2012 - 4:35 am

cathy@my1929charmer - Your table is GORGEOUS. I agree red is the best color ever, it was my Mom’s favorite. It what I thing of during the holidays! Your tablecloth is beautiful and really sets the mood. The goblets are beautiful and love how you flipped them over and made them in to candle holders. Really breath taking! Thanks for sharing over at Sunday’s Best!

January 10, 2012 - 11:49 pm

Chatty Chics - Absolutely beautiful! I’d be afraid to eat there because I’d mess something up! :) So pretty! Thank you for sharing with my group Tanya! And I LOVE John 8:12. :)
Melody
ChattyChics.com

January 13, 2012 - 1:06 am

Six Sisters - The table looks absolutely beautiful! Thank you for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday. We would love to have you come back next Saturday and share more of your incredible ideas. -The Sisters

July 24, 2012 - 2:26 pm

Confessions of a Plate Addict - Love the tablescape…so pretty! The tree napkins are a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing at the Christmas in July Party!…hugs…Debbie

July 24, 2012 - 3:56 pm

Sarah - Beautiful red and white table setting. The napkin folds are cute. 😉

July 24, 2012 - 7:07 pm

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas - What a beautiful tablescape!! I LOVE red and white! That tablecloth is to die for!!

Hugs,
Debbie

July 24, 2012 - 9:54 pm

Kim @ La Belle Époque - Lovely table. Coming over from Christmas in July.

July 27, 2012 - 9:38 pm

Dixie n Dottie - O my goodness! This is absolutely beautiful! You have great taste!

July 29, 2012 - 2:42 am

Cathy - OOh! Ah! would be my reaction to this beautiful table.

Cathy <;)