Easy Gift Idea #1

November is here…I know, I can’t believe it either.  Besides all of the obvious things that November means; in our house, it is the beginning of “dry skin season”.  Flaky legs and arms, as well as dry and cracked hands are all a realistic part of winter.  This year we have a wonderful solution and I want to share it with you.  Thanks to “The Colorado Lady” and her fabulous blog post, I have the easiest and cheapest “recipe” for a super lotion.
The first stop I made was at “The Dollarama” of course!  There I picked up a lovely smelling pink baby lotion, and Vaseline.  If they had a Vitamin E cream I would have grabbed that as well.  But I had to get that at the Superstore (our local grocery chain).

I used my mixer and put all three items in the bowl.  (I tripled this batch)

Vitamin E cream and Vaseline
Pink baby lotion on top
Turn the mixer on low and give it lots of time to mix well.  When it combines it turns very nice and fluffy.

The Colorado lady used baby food jars for her lotion. She spray painted the lids pink and decorated them.  They are sweet.  I chose to use these Mason Jars.  I loved the size of them.  I will wrap ribbon around them before giving them as gifts.  I’ve seen jars on sale this time of year in the grocery store.  I guess they know “canning season” is complete for another year and don’t want to hold on to the stock through the winter.  Keep your eyes opened.

It is also a great lotion for feet, knees, and elbows, as well as those little red chapped toddler cheeks!!

A perfect economical gift idea for friends, neighbors, co-workers, teachers, mail and paper carriers.  Tuck one in a baby shower gift bag.  Use as a stocking stuffer.  But most importantly, use it to keep that dry skin away this winter!!

Joining:
November 2, 2011 - 7:19 pm

Pamela Gordon - What a nice idea! I take it the baby lotion and vaseline are from Dollarama. I love St. Ives body lotions and use 2 different ones every day. This does make a sweet gift idea. Thanks for sharing.

November 2, 2011 - 9:42 pm

Jan@southernjunkin' - Great idea! And makes lovely gifts as well! Thanks for sharing!

November 3, 2011 - 12:50 am

Marianne - Wow, I think I must try this concoction We also get very dry skin at my home during the colder winter and some of the creams so just so expensive. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea!
Marianne :)

November 3, 2011 - 2:48 am

Meredith - oh what a great idea! I have a sweet little toddler with rosy chapped cheeks! and a rosy chapped torso…I’ve been using generic aquafor, but this looks like a great idea!!

November 3, 2011 - 4:48 am

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida - No kidding! I need to slather my entire body with this stuff. I’m flaking away like a bad paint job.

November 3, 2011 - 5:46 pm

Phyllis@Around the House - Wow the lotion looks great and I bet it smells great…great gift ideas…thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe…

November 3, 2011 - 6:11 pm

Bella Vista - Tanya, this sounds wonderful and you have packaged it up so pretty. We all need a good cream.

Thanks!

Barb ♥

November 3, 2011 - 11:09 pm

Sally - Thank you for sharing…great idea! I found your blog from the At The Picket Fence party. I’m your newest follower. I’d love you to stop by my blog & follow along too!
Thanks,
Sally
loveofhomes.blogspot.com

November 4, 2011 - 2:28 am

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity - Great idea and I love that you put them in mason jars. So pretty.

November 4, 2011 - 8:31 pm

Amy - What a fabulous idea! My hands are cracked all winter long, and it just gets painful! I may have to try this! Would you share it at my holiday party?

November 6, 2011 - 2:38 pm

AndiWinslow - Wonderful idea, love your photo’s I think I would like to make some of this lotion…Nice post andi

November 9, 2011 - 2:27 am

Sherry - Oh, I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it! Thank you for linking it up with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

November 11, 2011 - 11:07 am

lindapendante dreams - This is a great idea! Just thought I’d make a suggestion though, I made lid inserts for my mason jars this summer out of old file folders, you can see how on my blog, here:

Cheap, easy, and a really nice finish to your nice gifts.

November 11, 2011 - 11:08 am
November 16, 2011 - 12:09 am

Erin - Great packaging and wonderful gift idea!

Erin
Carolina Country Living
(visiting from Momma Hen’s Coop!)

November 16, 2011 - 2:47 pm

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable - Awesome! This post is so informative and inspirational! I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable today. And, I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday! Here’s the link: http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-1.html

Warmly,
Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
Here’s the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

November 16, 2011 - 7:13 pm

EvA. . . - ooo great idea! love it and the smell is probably really nice:)
delight-in-jesus.blogspot.com

November 16, 2011 - 8:50 pm

MommaHen - I want to take a bath in it!

November 17, 2011 - 2:03 am

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable - You made it:) Thank you so very much for linking up to Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways:) I’m so happy to “meet” you! I am totally loving your blog and your posts! I really hope you make Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways a part of your Wednesdays! And keep the great posts comin’
Very sincerely,
Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable

November 18, 2011 - 4:46 am

Kimberly @ The Brown Eyes Have It - This is a fabulous idea, thanks! I’m going to make some for the ladies I visit each month and definitely for me, too.

November 23, 2011 - 2:57 am

Lindsay - This is so creative! I love this idea! And it would make a very cute present! Thank you for sharing this @ Show & Share! Happy to have you there!

November 26, 2011 - 7:11 pm

Nancy - Oh thank you for this lovely gift idea!

November 27, 2011 - 10:48 am

rainbowcreek - You have no idea how excited I am to try this. I just scraped that last of my B&B body cream jars dry and was dreading having to pay a fortune to restock for winter. I love those little jars you used, have a few on hand so I can make some for me and some for gifts. Yaaay for the Dollar Store!

November 27, 2011 - 7:18 pm

Kerryanne English - I’ve got to try this – thanks!
I’d love it if you could share this over on my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

December 8, 2011 - 12:05 am

Terri Steffes - Thank you! This is going to be for ME though! :-)

December 14, 2011 - 3:59 pm

Cathy Rivard - This is the only lotion that has soothed my dry skin. My sister had a reaction when I used the scented baby lotion. I’ll be making it with the cocoa and shea butter for her and my brothers who liked the feel but didn’t want to smell “girlie.”

July 12, 2012 - 8:52 am

Joseph - I need some gift tags as i want to send gifts to pakistan to my family.

July 24, 2012 - 2:21 pm

Confessions of a Plate Addict - What a great idea! I am trying this one for my grandbabies! Thanks so much for sharing at the Christmas in July Party!…hugs…Debbie

August 10, 2012 - 9:56 am

Abdul Latif - Thanks for shearing this awesome easy gift ideas, i appreciate you.

November 16, 2012 - 5:13 pm

Kathy Shea Mormino - I’d like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

February 18, 2013 - 9:31 am

online florist - This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.